Hi guys, sorry for the absence last week. For various reasons, I didn’t have access to my laptop and so I wasn’t able to post at all last week and then graduation weekend hit. I’m still reeling from the side effects as I am typing up this post.
I know the Iconic Edition of SephoraPlay did ruffle a lot of features when it was first announced on the Sephora website. I personally wasn’t too upset but I could understand arguments from both sides.
The Iconic Edition of the SephoraPlay contains luxury brands such as La Mer, Burberry, YSL, Guerlain, and two perfume samples from Dior and Tom Ford as well as a gold collectible bag.
Let’s talk packaging for a second because I am a total packaging whore. One of the things that is included in the Iconic Edition is a collectible gold bag.
Life hack: If you label anything as a collectible item, it gives you reason to price things higher.
The bag itself is a disappointment. It felt cheap and shoddily made and didn’t live up to the name of a collectible bag. The handbook that contained descriptions of all of the products was really well made.
The first thing I saw when I opened the bag was that one of the fragrances had been ripped open. Not off to a good start.
Here are the beauty products contained in the Iconic Edition of SephoraPlay! I appreciated the fact that they included several well coveted brands but I feel like the products themselves don’t really work well for me personally.
- YSL Oil-In-Stick Lipstick – Bright Strawberry Pink
- The pink seemed too intense for my liking so I didn’t even bother with opening the package. I was surprised that they picked such a vivid shade since I figured Sephora would chose a more universal color
- Guerlain – L’Or Pure Radiance Face Primer
- La Mer – The Soft Cream
- I read some reviews online where the La Mer cream broke some people out so I figured that I should stay away from this.
- Burberry – Cat Lashes Mascara
- Everything mascara and eyeliner (even Kat Von D.) smudges on me and since it doesn’t say waterproof, I’m not even going to try this mascara. If you have any recommendations for a no-budge, no-smudge mascara, leave a comment below!
- Dior – Poison Girl
- I’m not really pleased with the fact that Sephora included two perfume samples and counted it as number of luxury samples in the box. Perfume tends to be really personal (at least for me) and certain perfumes will actually give me headaches.
- Tom Ford – Black Orchid
- I could only smell a little bit of the perfume from the hole in the bag but I wasn’t too excited about the scent.
I ended up returning the Iconic Edition the same day I got it. I wasn’t too excited about the products and I was pretty bummed out about the fact that the Tom Ford was ripped when it came in the package.